What is a leak?
A leak is categorized as follows:
“A leak is a way for fluid to escape a container or fluid-containing system, such as a tank or a ship’s hull, through which the contents of the container can escape or outside matter can enter the container. Leaks are usually unintended and therefore undesired”.
Why can a leak have devastating effects on your plumbing?
1. Unexpected damages caused by a water leak
- In construction especially in roofing, water can cause structural damages and mold to occur.
- Water leaks can cause a number of issues for the home owner.
- Every leak, no matter how small, can have circumstances beyond repair in some cases.
- Hence when a Home owner finds a water leak, it is important to attend to it immediately. By doing this, any possible danger can be eliminated on time.
2. Sewerage Risks
- When a sewerage pipe suddenly erupts, the water damage will not be the only problem to worry about.
- The water that flows through the sewerage pipes are normally full of bacteria that can cause unnecessary illnesses and health issues if not attended to correctly.
- If the water from the sewerage fills your home, it could be catastrophic.
- In the event that you are not qualified to sort out your sewerage leaks, call Boss Electricians & Plumbers for assistance.
3. High Municipal Bill
- If a water leak is not detected quickly enough, there are the chances that you may have a high water account.
- Most water Leaks occur underground and hence difficult for home owners to observe
4. Electrical Risks
- One can be certain that there will be consequences if there is a water leak. Water can rise high enough to make a connection with the electrical plugs. Wiring or circuits and hence cause a short in the system.
- In some cases, the circuits can or may spark thus causing fires.
To avoid these issues and prevent property damage, contact Boss Electricians & Plumbers. Our trained water leak detection specialist can detect your water leaks in a jiffy. Areas serviced: Pretoria East, Pretoria North East, Pretoria West, Pretoria Central Western and Centurion.